Go Back   Dealighted Forum > All > Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Stealthy Moderator
I am Bargains

Angry Chase to start charging for checking accounts?

Years back I signed up for a WAMU account because BofA was charging fees for their checking accounts and WAMU offered free checking. Fast fwd a few years and now Chase owns WAMU and therefore owns my accounts by default. Well I've never had any complaints about the switch over until now. I just got a letter in the mail informing me that beginning Feb 8th they will be charging me $10/mo if I don't meet their 'criteria'.

The criteria:
  1. At least 1 direct deposit for $500 or more, two or more totaling $500 won't count
  2. Min daily balance of $1500+
  3. Avg balance of $5000+ in a combo of chase accounts
  4. or pay $25 in qualifying account fees (not the $10 service fee) these would be additional services

Sounds like I'll be switching back over to BofA for my primary account since I now enjoy free checking over there!!

RicheemXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Leader
I am Bargains

Bummer, I have Chase account too. I hear most banks will be charging fees for things that were free. Looking for ways to make up for lost revenue on credit cards. I canceled my BOA account recently due to new fees on eBanking and opened up with Ally Bank. Everything is free and good rates. Only downside its a online bank but has good rating.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Chase Screwing former WAMU customers charging fee for checking accounts

I also got the letter from Chase Bank informing me that my grandfathered FREE checking from WAMU (which they took over) will now have a MONTHLY FEE.... This REALLY has me mad.

I have a BUSINESS checking account AND a PERSONAL checking account and I am MOVING BOTH out from CHASE, the bank that LIED to me about the terms of my checking accounts not changing!

SCREW you CHASE!

I'm taking my business and personal accounts OUT OF YOUR LYING BANK!!!!!

So long CHASE.

GR from California.
Blue102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Get over it

All you babies crying about "WAMU used to give me everything for free, and now Chase won't." Newsflash: WAMU was shut down by the FDIC. That came about by how they ran things. You're mad at Chase for not following WAMU's business model that was obviously so successful? Chase has to pay thousands of employees worldwide, maintain office buildings, keep up all the services everyone's "entitled" to (ie: online banking/bill pay/transfers, debit card networks, ATMs, etc.), pay FDIC premiums and so on. Its a business. If they have clients whose accounts cost more to maintain than they make off of them why wouldn't they change requirements? This will do 1 of 2 things: Weed out the clients who cost them money and/or make those same clients worth keeping. Either way they remain profitable. All these hissy fits about pulling your accounts from Chase (or any bank for that matter) don't phase them one bit. They'd rather not have you as a client if you're costing them money. Weird huh? A company not wanting to do business with a customer that will only cost them money. Banks are probably the only business with that mentality. Any other business provides their products/services for exactly what it costs to produce them or even less, right? Get over yourselves and realize you're morons.
Boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Please!

Banks have been making money of customers forever. This is another way of forcing us to give them our money. $500 forever in your account or they charge you $12 a month? Really? Most people cannot keep that up.

By the way, there is no such thing as a customer which costs a bank money. They play with the OUR cash flow on a daily basis. OUR MONEY is the money they lend out. OUR MONEY is the money they INVEST to make PROFIT! It does not come from fees. If it did, Free Checking would never have existed in the first place.

If Banks had not been forced by Carter, who created, and passed laws to allow, those horrible housing groups to lend money to people who clearly could not pay them back, in order to buy a home, And Clinton, who expanded these laws, Americans would not be in this mess today.

And by the way, the goverment now owns the Banking system. You do remember the Bail-outs, right?

When Chase took over Washington Mutual they PROMISED to keep EVERYTHING the SAME.
Clearly they lied. Costumers have a right to take their business elsewhere.

If everyone takes their money out of Chase, no matter how much or little they have, Chase Bank will have to close their doors.

Banks want to blame new "consumer laws", in order to force more fees on us. But that is also a lie.

Now, Banks have Millions of dollars in Bail-out money, plus our daily cash flow, yet they are NOT lending money out. How is our ecconomy going to turn around, if all prices keep climing, every organization is charging more fees, local governments even want to charge people to enter parks, people are losing their homes, their jobs, and there is not enough cash flow in society because people are holding on to their money afraid of what tomorrow may or may not bring?

For those of you who need to close your Chase Bank Accounts: Most Banks will not charge until June or September.

Theres a couple of BANKS which WILL NOT CHARGE AT ALL for checking accounts. Research this online.
99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Stealthy Moderator
I am Bargains

damn that reminds me I need to go down this week and close this account.
RicheemXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Close It, Y'all!

I'm doing my **** tomrw
Jemineminmaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: